Willam Kramer Studio - Blog

Monday, September 17, 2007

First Frost



After a few warnings on the 10:oopm news it looked like we were going to get our first frost this morning. The first truly cold day of the fall seems to be a warning sign to animals that the cold is coming soon on. On a short walk in my yard I headed down to the lower field, this over grown field is about 8- 10 acres. While the dew was not really frozen there seemed to be a distinct line where the sun hit to there the shade from the night still remained. I was taking in the cool almost purple color of the shade when I noticed a flicker of movement. I knew it, a fox! I got a few decent shots but I really like these. One you can see that line between the frost and the warm tones of the rising sun, Look close and you can see the fox in the frost grass. The second image shows where he lives. I have yet to discover an active fox hole until today, this guy went right to it and was digging for about 20 minute, preparing for winter. I plan to monitor this den while staying far enough away not to disturb it. Hopefully with enough patience I will be able to get the " fox in the snow" shot that i have been wanting for years!!!! I know where you live!!!!!

No comments: