Willam Kramer Studio - Blog

Monday, October 19, 2009

Barred Owl


Im still amazed how rarely I see these owls. I know there are supposed to be common but I average about 1 sighting a year, and the chance of having my camera, ( and have it ready to take a photo) is not very likely. BUT last week the stars must have been aligned! I was out on a short hike before work and heard this guy call out. Withing a few seconds of trying to determine where he was, I heard some branches moving and he flew right over to see what I was all about. I went back later that day and saw him again, but this time there was no chance of getting a photo! This has been good inspiration to get working on my Barred Owl Painting!

1 comment:

Tara S said...

Youre like some sort of shaman... It's like you have a connection with the animals spirit world and they seek you out so you can capture their beauty on film and canvas. It's amazing how often you seem to be in the right place at the right time. It's a gift. Beautiful shot.