Willam Kramer Studio - Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Raptors, new glass.

Nashua river ospreys were very active last night. Went out in the canoe with my friend Alan, also a photographer from Hollis. With wind and light being a challenge, we were still able to squeeze off a few nice captures. In fact this is one below may be my personal favorite osprey images I have ever taken.
Mother and child, adult osprey have yellow eyes, while the juveniles have a copper colored eye.



 That leaves me to this morning. On my way to work I spotted a pair of redtails getting harassed by what I believe were European Starlings. This went on and on for 20 minutes. Would have stayed longer but had to get to work!


Im field testing a new lens, a F2.8 400mm with a 1.4 teleconverter. Its amazing how heavy and bulky it is. I am on day 2 of 7 that I will be using this lens. While the benefits of huge glass are very apparent in this test I did below.
On the left is my everyday wildlife lens, the middle is 'my' new one, also a 400mm, far right is the new one with a 1.4x magnification teleconverter.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Ooh oo ooh! I love that first one! And so crystal clear! I'm inspired to reference that one. Sorry to hear about the camera.