Willam Kramer Studio - Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A New Painting!


Over the past few weeks I have been working on this painting every free chance I get. Its the largest painting I have ever done on canvas, 3feet by 4 feet.

Although it has been a long time since I have consistently painted week to week, I really feel like I am in the groove on this one.

I changed my mind 3 times until I finally committed to this farm layout. The original idea was to paint a street in downtown Portsmouth, NH. After taking many photos I was just not in love with the images, mainly because the original idea had inclement weather, they day I shot was clear.

The 2nd idea was based on a photo I took a few months ago of a barn on a hill, I really liked the image but felt like it was not very well suited for painting and would not allow me to enjoy the process enough.

 The second painting concept.

I finally found this farm right along side a secondary highway in Strafford , NH. I totally changed the landscape, and added snow and removed trees to get the feel that I was looking for. Have a look at the process so far.






No comments: