Willam Kramer Studio - Blog

Sunday, August 05, 2012

Woodworking

I do not claim to know all the ins and outs of how to make quality furniture out of wood. Far from it in fact. What I have are some basic skills acquired over the years from odd projects and watching others with far more experience. The main driver for my desire to build things recently can be summed up into 3 points.
1. I finally have the room, and most of the basic tools to make stuff.
2. Its a lot easier, more fulfilling, and cheaper to make exactly what you want rather than try to find it at a store.
3. I LOVE the smell of a wood shop in use!

Here are my first 2 attempts with no outside help at making furniture. I feel like a few basic wood working classes would help a lot but its also pretty fun to figure out the issues as they arise, as long as your not wasting boards!


Project #1
Graphic design table




Project #2

TV stand





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice job, Bill. Both pieces look great! Perhaps we can utilize your skills for some new classroom furniture. :-)