Willam Kramer Studio - Blog

Monday, December 11, 2006

The Birth of a painting.


A New painting is born!! I have always wanted to keep a record of a painting as it progresses, snapping pictures every few hours. Starting with this first image ( a rough pencil sketch) I will be updating a as I make progress. This painting is based on a photo I took this summer. The subject is a small stack of wood inside of a barn with a strong orange light on the wall as the sun set behind the barn. The location is in Redding Connecticut located on the corner of Topstone Rd. and Umpawaug Rd. I do not know the owner of this building but may drop them a postcard. Every time I drive past this place I feel like I should see a fox or a owl in the barn. It has not happened yet so I decided to make it happen with paint. Although the photo I am working from was taken in summer I will change the season to fall/early winter. Enjoy, check back soon for progress!

click to enlarge image

No comments: