Willam Kramer Studio - Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Oil paint


click to enlarge
After much thought, (and a going out of business sale at a local art store) I purchased a full set of oil paint and mediums. I took a day off last week and went down to a spot that is near and dear to me, Mt Pond. I set up on the earthen dam facing the rocks that I have swam out to a hundred times in the past. After about 3 hours of peaceful and some what messy painting here is the result. I have a lot to learn about how to transport a wet painting and a few other techniques but over all I was very happy with the result. I don't think I am ready to drop all acrylic painting but oil sure has a place in my future art. Check back soon for a painting to be created at New Pond Farm in Redding Connecticut.

No comments: