Willam Kramer Studio - Blog

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

more of the new Painting

Step 4 slowly starting to develope the background trees more, adding snow to the branches. Now the barn comes in. I started it out very bright red but it will get adjusted as needed later. that red color will show through washes of highlight and shadow.



Step 5 I had to darken the sky a bit to make the roof line of the barn stand out with out getting lost. I also want to get the feeling of a field out behind the barn, its starting to get there. The pine tree on the right is started, I need to work on it to get it to look to proper scale. The white blobs on it right now are not indications of snow but rather a way for me to go back and make it look as if your seeing though the branches. I need to add more branches and detail over that white as the paint dries. Another hour or so and i will start the immediate foreground and the main subject!

No comments: